With autumnal Sabbats approaching, these yummy little treats will bring this most magickal time into the kitchen…
You will need:
2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp ground nutmeg
½ tsp salt
1 ½ cups granulated sugar
½ cup butter, softened
1 cup pumpkin flesh
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350° F
2. Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in a mixing bowl.
3. Beat together the sugar and butter in a separate bowl until blended well.
4. Add in the the pumpkin, egg and vanillla extract and beat until smooth.
5. Gradually add the flour mixture, again, beating until smooth.
6. Drop mixture, with a single rounded tablespoon onto a prepared baking tray.
7. Bake for 15-18 minutes until edges are firm. Leave to cool on the tray for a few minutes.
8. Transfer cookies to a cooling rack to cool completely before drizzling the glaze.
9. Make the glaze by combining 2 cups of sifted powdered sugar (icing sugar) with 3 tbsp milk, 1 tbsp melted butter and 1 tsp vanilla extract in a bowl until smooth.